Saturday, February 14, 2009

When Scambullant Turns Into The Wicked Witch Of The West

The rule is clear, you can certainly excuse yourself from a training session. However only if you have never used your current excuse before. It is fair to say with my particularly inconsistent training patterns that creativity has been the name of the game for some years now and even then most often I fall back onto the acceptance of verbal harassment for not good enough and pull out "I don't train if it's precipitating".

Monday 2nd February 2009
First day back for the MonRun. It may have been the fact that it was 35-40 degrees but could not entice any gnomes out to join us. 5 teachers went round the bridges though and all made it back having made use of the plenitude of taps and bublers found round Nepean Ave and River Rd. Backed up with a swim at the Brook after, but only found GPB there on arrival. This combined with my attempt to sink a young learn to swimmer through the process of knocking him out with a headbutt (freestyle induced) kept the distance down for the swim (maybe 1.5km).

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
Dr Phil, Sleep Train & I from the round house on the Spurwood to Sun Valley Circuit. After all my attempts still cant lure Sleep Train into a clockwise circuit! It was noted following our run that there appears to be a significant correlation between Sleep Train referring to his easy runs and my being present for said session. Was bought up and briefly discussed. end result an invitation to a hard session I know I will find an excuse for.

Wednesday 4th February 2009
Morning swim at the Brook. No one else around so I can say I did what ever I like. Lets make it 4km (maybe 2). Would bring up slackness of other members of Lower Blue Mts Marathon Clinic but have in mind my entry for the week that follows this.

Joined Sleep Train and GPB at Toll car park for our 30kms ride along M7 cycle way in arvo. This must be the first ride without 40 degrees or thunder storms. It is actually quite a nice place to ride. Must be noted I no longer expect to see Professor Physiology, so next time he turns up I will get a tremendous surprise.

Thursday 5th February 2009
Morning run from the mansion on marshall. Tried out a new version of basic hill circuit today. Knowing that Sleep Train is always up for a new run (provided it is not on the Tuesday Sleep Train time slot). Headed out towards the twin lookouts following rd to down Mitchells Pass to Lennox Bridge and looping round single track to Marges (or Elizabeth) then tacking link track to Elizabeth (or Marges). From here down steps to Knapsack Bridge down path to bottom of Mitchells and onto Railway access track across to bottom of Old Bathurst Rd. Followed Mt Bike tracks up to top, but ventured up the valley track for the first time rather than drifting out towards the road. A much better track hugging the creek bed (all be it rather dry) up to the top. then home. Will definitely enjoy hearing Mr Crickets expletives when I trick him up this one.

Friday 6th February 2009
Some excuse about Japanese visitors at school yesterday and ridiculous heat. It was new so it counted. No training.

Saturday 7th February
We were joined by Mts running royalty today.

Drove to Dr Phils to begin our run. A trip back in time to reconstruct my first ever encounter with Bullants. Dr Phil, Sleep Train & I were accompanied by not 1 but 2 Dongas today. Out to Martins Lookout down and up to Gunyan and Lost World Lookout along ridge to St Helenas Crater and onto St Helenas Ridge before heading back down to the Duck Hole at the Brook. A great run with ups, downs, lookouts and plenty of Sleep Train stretch stations.

I must clarify with Sleep Train that in fact the trains never came up the creek they turn left at the house of ants and came down the fire trail to have a drink.

Sunday 8th February to Saturday 14th February 2009
What was that about consistency? What can I say, i don't want want to waste a weeks worth of excuses all new so I will have to bite the Wicked Witch of the West bullet.

"It was raining. I don't like getting wet"

No comments: