Monday, June 21, 2010

A Quiet Month Of Not Much

Not been up to much training through June. Seems being new to this ultra game and running 3 (sort of I did get more than 42km done at Bogong by the 2nd cut off) in 4 n bit months sort smashed me up a bit. Best part from my perspective is the feeling that Im keen to go again. Which eclipses the response a few years back after the first 100km in Wild Endurance 2008.

A few casual runs over the past few weeks with no real plan and lots of time coaching Rugby, along with the associated post match 'meetings' have the belly ready to tackle woodford to glenbrook in a week and a bits time. May even hit a few more runs between then and now to make sure I will get to Euroka.

Current goals though? Not too sure lots floating in the mind at the moment. Perhaps some runs round the 50-60km mark to build a bit more in the legs before the next 100km. Definitely big time chunks t take off still. Always interested in suggestions for trail races people know of.

Till then one more game for CHS (tally 2 wins 1 loss - it hurts me every year at CAS just got to get over them) and we will rip the insides out of CCC (in the nicest possible way). 3 months of an expanding wife and then I will need to run ultras to get my own time.

Havn't really said anything. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear some folk may be running out to the Coxs and back sometime soon. There is a 60km run for you with some hills.
Did I tell you we saw Buzz Lightyear et al running back when we were heading out. Think they did K2K.
Good luck getting your own time to un ultras, unless you're DK and don't mind running at midnight.