Friday, September 17, 2010

Ask Whollie, It's All About Alignment

Was jut thinking I need to get my hands on some music by these guys this week:


When SWMBO sent me through this as an example of using social media for the evil side of life in which she works:


As Whollie will tell you because we both know, 'It's all about alignment'. With this in mind I live in hope my running is still aligned to W2G and W2B leading into the Sydney Marathon this weekend. The past period of months that were suppose to be about recovery and social exercise after a fairly big 6 months for me early in the year. However things have been better performance wise since North Face than through the 6ft and B2H.

My original intentions for both W2G and W2B had been to take in some enjoyable courses and be social through the event. As it is with Sydney this weekend. However after knocking 10 mins off my previous W2G and 20mins of 2010 W2B times I am stuck in limbo.

Do I sit comfortably with the 3.30 time frame and try to finish stronger or do I head out with 3.15 hoping current form is still located proximal to myself? The funny thing is that these better runs for me have come free of any thought of split based running. Perhaps I should just ignore the pacers around me and tune out to tunes.

Either way looking forward to the new course. Scenic enough to keep the interest up. May the time align for an extended period.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Waiting for the race report....I could ask you if I bothered to show up for a morning run, but then I wouldn't have anything to read at 11:30 at night when I should be sleeping in preparation for getting up early to run with you...