Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Joining Arsenal and Other Gunners

I reapplied for the position of President of the Gunnas society on the weekend. Once again failing to arrive (or leave for that matter) at an event as previously proclaimed in public forum. I am lead to believe the Kembla Joggers Mountain run on the weekend was an excellent event, however by mid way through Saturday afternoon I had once again talked myself out of going.

I feel a return to the 2008 strategy of not committing to anything may be required to prevent myself from entering the Guinness Book for most proclamations of attendance dishonoured in a lifetime.

Training has been going pretty well these past few weeks and the aches and pains are being held at bay. Managed to clock in runs every day plus some in the last week of the holidays and whilst I seem not be be able to recall the details I feel assured they amounted to an impressive training performance. Purely only for purposes of self . . .

This week is back to routine and the routine is largely returning:

Monday 19th October
Joined GPB, Mister G and (a truly) Nugget for a lap around Espresso followed by a lap around the exploratory track of Son of Espresso. A total of 9.5km (comfortable 54mins) sensational tracks and trails (for those who didn't bail at the end of Espresso). I'm coming to feel that Knapsack Reserve is the heartland of short track training in the Lower Blue Mountains. Too many options too much fun.

Tuesday 20th October
Having missed the BMMC in the AM from Sleep Trains due to SWMBO's sabotage of the alarm went solo in the afternoon around Something Snappy. 24mins with efforts on the hills. Still got to get the strength built but felt excellent in the heat of the afternoon.

Wednesday 21st October
Traditional Lucasville circuit now. Meet up with Whollie for a run round the Brooke heading home via Knapsack Reserve. 55 minutes all up and very fresh after the run. Expecting a hard hit out tomorrow morning.

PM having decided I had retired from the world of Touch due to seeming endless injury upon participation. It was with verbal outbreak from SWMBO that I returned to the fields for another session of fartlek with ball. Disappointed at the need to sub off quite as regularly as I did but pleasantly pleased with team play and the sharp hit out.

Thursday 22nd October
Had expected to wake with hami's strung like a guitar. was pleasantly surprised that it in fact only took the standard 3-4 minutes of ginger walking to get the legs into a 'normal' gait. As expected as solid hit out around the basic hills circuit with Animal and Sleep Train. Though I doubt the pace was on for the two prementioned I certainly was pushing today, and on a run that hurts even when you think you are taking it easy I really felt the effort today. Boy it feels good to be back in a state to be able to hurt this much. 62mins 50secs which is the fastest I can recall getting round this run and the stretch (time inclusive) (you know you love to stop and stretch on a run S**G**) was at least 1 minute longer than the norm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good blog - a good post. Ask Mister G - I am king of the pikers. Drop out of everything at the last minute. However the times I turn up its great. It's hard with Kids/Missus etc. I piked the Kembla Joggers Mtn Run also... next time we shall conquer!