Monday, February 15, 2010

Have been keeping an eye out for Noah

The rain has been a constant battle for me over the past two weeks. It is well known around the lower mountains that i am a little impartial to a sleep in if some one has left a sprinkler running some where in the general vicinity of our run. So these past two weeks have been something of a ground breaking moment for me in that I am proud to say I managed to get out every day regardless of the rain.

As all are aware it hasn't just been a little bit of rain we have seen either. I was talking to a guy that works at the coffee place I may call into each morning on the way to work and he was telling me that he and his friends had spent the weekend kayaking Glenbrook Gorge. The quiet pool at the causeway we recently sat in post Australia Day Fatathon in his opinion was running at minimum grade 4 if not 5 for 2 days straight. I found this hard to believe having run my way up this gorge a number of times so was surprised to find images such as these when i went looking:


None the less it appears we may get some break for a while so on on it is looking forward to the day my shoes will be dry to put on.

Monday 15th February
Bludged through a possible AM session using "it's the most optional session of the week" as my excuse. the PM bought with it the first gnomes MonRun session for 2010. Two young Gnomes braved the humidity and heat of the afternoon as we ran the mid distance river run course (as described in the Gnomes Sporting Guidelines). Kept it off the trail section due to swamp like mature of the ground and beginner status of gnomes in attendance. More Jalking than jogging but caught up with GPB post MunRun and put in a lap of the bridges. Taking 34mins 12secs for a casual jaunt, given the heat still knocked me round a small amount. Still feeling a bit of weight through the quads following Saturdays run.

Tuesday 16th February
AM from the round house on railway pde. Still no mention on Sleep Trains running or lack of, guess all will have to wait and see for 2010 whats happening. Definitely joined by WES (WXS) and Terry making his BMMC Tue run debut. Certainly the pace was up a touch on the past few weeks and it was most likely a good thing to shake the legs out of plus 1hr pace. Some parts easyish but certainly the climb was well pushed along with a few other notable sections. Tired sleep wise more than anything at the moment. really need to get a night right through. Don't know how people with babies waking manage to run on disrupted sleep.

PM track session blocked by the extended version of CPR re accreditation. Thought I was up for 30mins to 1hr to chat a bit do a demo and head to track. ended up being 2hr 40min session. I know it is important to keep up to date but some pretesting would have been good to see if the PE teachers teaching this stuff all the time needed to stay as long as those who hadn't retrained for 10yrs plus. All good in the end I suppose particularly given I have been though a few experiences were it was needed. would not want to be doubting myself in these circumstances if I was the primary care giver. Bummed out by the track session going though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scam, here's a self portrait action shot I took of myself at Glenbrook last year. Lucky I got the timer on the camera just right for a great shot. I posted it on my blog. http://www.wetasschronicles.com/KayakCrazy.jpg

Thanks for delivering the race T. Looks like you are doing some great training at the moment and I think you will smash it on your 6 foot debut this year.
Scurry.

Scam Bullant said...

I like the shot. It is miraculous you got the timing so right.