Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easing Back Into It

Spent last week not worrying about training too much. Though I found that if I don't worry about training then I tend to worry about work ad I would much rather let my grey matter panic about why I didn't go running rather than the day to day doings of the Gnomes.

Managed to get out for 40 to 50 minutes runs with Whollie the Holiday maker (aka Mr I'm definitely doing six foot next year and training more for the bike ride at Nepean whilst I'm at it). Wednesday from the Lucasville Resort and Friday from the Mansion on Marshall.

SWMBO had to go to Melbourne and fashion week 'for work' and whilst I still wrestle with the concept of a shopping centre marketer needing to drink champagne with big wigs around ridiculously priced clothing. She insisted it was a developmental experience. The up end of it all was I ate crap food all week and felt like shit by Saturday. I also get to point out SWMBO went to fashion week and came home with Croc's when ever I feel like it.

This week I am semi back into it. North Face is 8 weeks from last Saturday so I cant really afford to muck around too much more. Think I will spend this week getting back into a basic weekly routine and aim to be basically twice a day next week. With the following basic routine the plan:

Mondays AM easy 30 mins to get the legs moving for the week
Mondays PM 1hr 30mins with minimum 1 significant climb
Tuesdays AM BMMC Sleep Trains Circuit (2 Hills Loop) about 1hr
Tuesdays PM Track @ 400's starting at 1hr building 10mins a week
Wednesdays AM 60mins from Whollies
Wednesdays P 1hr to 1hr 30mins cycle M7 cycle way
Thursdays AM Basic Hills Circuit about 1hr 5mins
Thursdays PM Hill repeats using Mitchells Pass and Knapsack as a basis
Fridays AM 60mins with Whollie from Mansion on Marshall
Fridays PM Mt Biking with the Gnomes
Saturdays AM LSD see BMMC Calendar for the plan
Saturdays PM Possible West Metro Cross Country (dependant on backing up from morning)
Sundays AM Rest Day (possible afternoon swim)

That's the plan, now to do it.

Starting Next Week

Monday 22nd March
Slept in then bailed on Gnomes MonRun

Tuesday 23rd March
AM from the round house with Fat Kiwi and The Megaphone. My new lights had failed to arrive (came approx 4hrs latter) so still with the old average light. The Megaphone forgot his light so pretty easy going with the 3 of us working 2 lights. About 1min 30sec slower to 5 ways then fairly steady round from there for a 1hr 4min 37secs.

PM back on the bludge, but as I did say, it kicks in next week.

I must say the CAPA class excelled today following there exploration of ventilation rates with exercise on the cross country course. Particularly when they had to create interpretations of ventilation through intensity's of exercise using nothing but tambourines. Noisy and fun.

Dont tell me tambourines arn't cool:


Wednesday 24th March
AM 50mins 2secs from Lucasville Resort. Body starting to feel normal on consistent training again though a couple of aspects not sitting real comfortable. Think it may have been the Pizza from earlier in the week. Who stole the Sun by the way, trapped in darkness still at the end of the run, when does daylight savings finish this year any way, I got no idea. No tambourines at school today, very sad.

No comments: